After a trailer was released last week, we’ve been abuzz about The Good Dinosaur, an upcoming Pixar film about the hypothetical world where dinosaurs were never wiped out by an asteroid. Here’s the first piece of news since the trailer – the all-new voice cast. This is not the same cast we heard of last year (which included Bill Hader, Neil Patrick Harris, and others), but still full of surprises:
- Raymond Ochoa (NBC’s “The Night Shift,” TNT’s “Rizzoli & Isles,” Disney’s A Christmas Carol) provides the voice of an Apatosaurus named Arlo.
- Jeffrey Wright (The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – parts I & II, Boardwalk Empire) was tapped as the voice of Poppa, Arlo’s father.
- Steve Zahn (Captain Fantastic, Ridiculous Six, Rescue Dawn, Mad Dogs) provides the voice of a pterodactyl named Thunderclap.
- AJ Buckley (Murder in the First, Justified) voices a T-Rex called Nash.
- Anna Paquin (True Blood) is the voice of T-Rex Ramsey.
- Sam Elliot (Justified, I’ll See You In My Dreams, Grandma) was called on as the voice of a tough T-Rex named Butch.
- Frances McDormand (Olive Kitteridge, Fargo) was tapped as the voice of Momma, Arlo’s mother.
- Marcus Scribner (black-ish) voices Arlo’s brother Buck.
- Jack Bright (Monsters University) provides the voice of Arlo’s unlikely human friend, Spot.
Be on the look-out for the news-asaurus as more about this movie develops. The Good Dinosaur makes its way to theaters November 25th.